Do you bathe your cats? I do! His shampoo cost more than mine!

CharmaineL

Asked by CharmaineL at 5:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Pets

• Hi I'm a groomer look on the back of the bottle most can and are ment to be dilouted... though I would not agree with the above statement.... Lemon Joy. Would you use that on your hair. I wouldn't so I would't suggest it for your furry friends that's just not not safe. I always suggest useing a groomer at least once/twice a year for dogs and cats they do a great job at getting out the excesses fur that needs to be shed, Along with checking and cleaning the ears, teeth, nails and extracting the glands (which most people don't reknow to do and wonder why there dog smells even though they just gave them a bath). While over checking the condition of there skin and coat.
    Jinnie1377

Answer by Jinnie1377 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2008

• No, I don't
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 6:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• We do but not in the water sense. I found this Dry Shampoo at Wal-Mart, I think it was around $3 or $4. You sprinkle it on, then brush it out. No scratches...well, unless your cat doesn't like to be brushed.
    FictionalGypsy

Answer by FictionalGypsy at 6:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• When I had a cat, I just bought some foaming stuff to rub in his fur, that you don't have to wash out. I tried to bathe him once when he was a baby, and it didn't work out too well...LOL.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 7:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• You souldn't bathe a cat more than twice a year. They have oils on their skin than protect their fur & make it soft & shiny. The more you bathe the less the oils, so please be careful how often you bathe your kitty.
    LoLA76

Answer by LoLA76 at 8:28 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I wash them once a year. I do it in the spring then I put their flea drops on the next day.
    saintjill64

Answer by saintjill64 at 8:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have a cat but we take him to the vet and have the vet bathe him and do a checkup once a year b/c he is so terrified of baths he would claw me to death. We bathe the dog in lemon joy though.. it's cheap and disourages fleas. I don't know if there's a reason you couldn't use that on your cat.
    georgeswife5014

Answer by georgeswife5014 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 19, 2008