what is the best convertible car seat?

I am in the process of buying a 'big boy' carseat for my 8 month old. I want the safest, most comfortable one out there!!! Any suggestions. Online reviews are hard to leaf through.

Asked by teeniepebbles at 4:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think the Graco Comfortsport is the best.. It rates very well and it has the eps energy foam ..But I got one for my daughter when she was 6 months old and it is nice...when she falls asleep the sides are nice and she is not slouched way over and uncomfortable while sleeping in the car. There are alot of styles to choose from too!

Answer by emturner at 4:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I'm very happy with the Britax Boulevards I have for the twins.

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• britax marathon, or evenflo triumph

Answer by katiesmom123 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Britax Boulevards is the top of the line, I love this one and my DD stays very comfortable in it. It is from 5-65 pounds so you won't have to worry about buying a new one for a long time! Just remember children less than 20 pounds and under 1 year of age need to be rear-facing for the ultimate safety.

Answer by renajennjenn at 9:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My son is 6 1/2 months old and soon he will be needed a bigger car seat and I have look around at alot of carseats online and what there rating are and I have found one that got 5 stars. It's made by graco and doesn't cost alot of money. It's called Nautilus 3 in 1 and you can found it in walmart, babies r us or baby depot but depending on the color you want. Check out I check out the brtiax car seat and it cost too much money but most it didn't get a 5 star rating. Before you buy one do research first from different companys and check out they rating and what other cumsoter have to say.

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• First of all, the Graco Nautilus is a forward facing ONLY seat, so don't even worry about it.

You want to keep your child RFing as long as possible. HEre are the seats I would recommend.

Answer by CarSeatJunkie at 8:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2008