how can you tell if your bag of waters broke?

i was just out for a long walk and its really hot out and i just got home sat down and had a breif conversation with some one on the phone and then i looked down after getting off the phone and the whole crotch of my pants were soaked... could i of sweat that much or what? so i dont want to run to labor yet because it might not be anything .. and i changed my pants and it smelt like nothing .

kristi_prncess_

Asked by kristi_prncess_ at 3:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have the same thing happen to me if I get too hot. I dont know what it is but that is not your water breaking because you would feel a gush of water. how far along are you?
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Call your doctor and check with them I think youre way better off going in and atleast getting checked. I dont think I have ever heard of someone sweating that much. I would go get checked out to be on the safe side
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• one more thing, you dont always feel a gush of water. Sometimes it only breaks somewhat and it will be a slow leak. Definitely keep an eye on it
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• It is completley normal to sweat more than you would if you wernt pregnant. Especially in that area. Hormones are insane right now. Add to that the increase you have in liquidy discharge and you have 30 false water alarms.. lol If you continue to have soaked pants or a few soaked pads it could have been your water. It doesnt always gush and it will continue to trickle out. Also, only about 10% of women experience PROM (where your water breaks before active labor) if your full term and it was your water there is still no need to rush to l&d. You risk of infection only goes up if anything (gloved fingers included) go in your vagina. If you go in and get checked several times and nothing happens youll be pressured into a section for risk of infection, which risk wouldnt exist w/o nurses poking your cervix. Dont worry, try to get some rest and drink some water.
    Goldie_And_Luke

Answer by Goldie_And_Luke at 4:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• when my water broke the first time there was NO gush. Even if I moved around, my second would be more like I just peed myself if I moved
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• There are many variations~ it might have been, maybe not.
    Depending on what is ruptured and where, it might continue to trickle or gush, ...or not.
    You can wait a bit to see if it continues to drip. If you can, wear a maxi pad to help examine color & odor.
    (NOTHING inside.)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• When are you due?
    What position is your baby in?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• baby is head down n im 33 weeks but thank you ladies because i just got back from the hospital and it was nothing so i dont know what my pants were soaked with
    kristi_prncess_

Answer by kristi_prncess_ at 8:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2009