When do i get my first ultrasound?

nicole_d2006

Asked by nicole_d2006 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Health

• 6-8 weeks.
    Next - it depends but most facilities do one at 12 weeks.
    Then the 18-20 weeks.
    The next is usually like.. 32?
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• With all 3 of mine I've had an ultrasound done at my first appointment to make sure the due date was accurate. I got another one done at 24 weeks, I think, to see the babys sex.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I got one at the first apt. (confirm pregnancy) at 9 weeks and my next at 19 wks to check the gender... and now I'm 20 wks. It kind of depends on the doc. I remember with my 2nd son my doc. did a quick ultrasounds every visit as part of my exam... I'm at a different doctor now and with my 1st they didn't do that either. It all depends I guess.

beka03

Answer by beka03 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I had one at 8 weeks to determine due date, one at 12 weeks (nuchal) where we found out the babies sex, one at 20 weeks, one at 30, 35 and 39 weeks...for the first baby. Similar with the second, more with the third because I had an amnio, too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2009