I can't stop beating my boyfriend!!!

He makes me so mad sometimes, we live together and he makes me so mad- and he does it almost on purpose, he does the same things to make me mad over and over again so we started to hit eachother, an I won and now I do it all the time, and I feel bad afterward but I get mad and just explode. I have no idea what to do we live in a rural area, I would have to drive 45 minutes one way to go to anger manangment and my car is unreliable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Nobody can "make" you feel anything. Your the one responsible for your own actions. Its good that you acknowledge your problem. Now you know what to do. If you don't get help and you continue in this path of domestic abuse you could end up in some serious trouble. Get help now.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 4:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I'd try to deal with myself and leave him, you need to help yourself before you need to be in a relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• WOW! You really need to get help right away. You need anger management and he needs to stop trying to push your buttons! That said, nobody deserves abuse and nobody can make you hit them. Try telling that to a judge.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 4:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My husband and I both have had this problem. We stopped when I got pregnant with our first child but we still talk about it often. Since you both have hit each other I'd suggest you both get counseling. Making excuses about anger management classes and unreliable cars and whatever else that stops you from getting help doesn't really matter if you really want to change.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• You are an abuser and are blaming the victim. I feel for your child(ren) they know what is going on even if you think they don't. You are as vile as the men who beat their wives. Get help leave the kids with him so you don't start hitting them. Trust me the kids will be next you can say they won't but abusers almost always hit the kids or are too aggressive towards them. You need to walk away and get yourself together if him and the kids want you back then go back if they are still afraid stay away. Poor guy and poor kids. I like how you blame him and say he hit you at one point I don't believe you at all. You are just trying to excuse why you started hitting him. You are a bad person and need to change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• When I get super mad at my boyfriend, I hit him. And I feel terrible about it!! We fought saturday night and he dragged it on through sunday. I was napping and woke up hearing him tell our 2 1/2 month old what a loser I am. I woke up, freaked out and when he was walking down the steps to leave us, I kicked him in the back. I felt so bad once I calmed down and thought about it. It's a serious issue and we both need help to stop. NO one deserves to be abused like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• op here--Well it is my house I owned it before we got together as well as they are my children, he will not leave, I have offered him thousands of dollars and he will not leave, I am not going to leave my home. And I can not call the police and have him removed because then he will say I have been hiting him, even if I have him removed and not hit him that day. And as far as my kids, when they misbehave they get sent to there rooms, I don't get mad at them, if i was mad at them I wouldn't send them to there really cool rooms, with tons of toys and cable tv!! What a punishment.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• When you feel yourself losing control and the anger building tell him you two need a "Time-Out" and walk away! Leave; go for a walk; give both of you a chance to calm down; cool off and think about whatever the issue was; and then go back and try to talk about it calmly again. If you can't talk it out without the anger; trying writing letters to each other until you feel you can have a discussion without losing control.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 6:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• You can have him formally evicted from your home. Do it when he has no marks on him so he can't prove you hit him. ...not to mention the fact that since he hits too he'd be arrested as well. You do NOT have to live with someone you don't want to live with. Even if he does tell them you hit him he'd look pretty stupid for staying so the police might have him check in to the hospital under the Baker Act for acting crazy.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2009