becuz im over due does that mean i got pregnate later?

due date was sept 3 i believe i got pregnate between dec. 10-13

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think doctors and radiologist get due dates wrong all the time, but if you're over due your doctor shouldn't make you wait much longer, that's not good for you or the baby.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• It doesn't *mean* anything, exactly.
    Babies grow at different rates and come when the time is perfect for them (lungs are mature enough, hormone is released).

If this is your first baby, be aware the average first-time pregnancy lasts 41 weeks and 1 day.
    And anyway, 40 weeks is the mid-point of that 4-week due period (38-42 weeks). It would be average & normal to deliver somewhere in that 4-weeks window.

Have you started to have practice contractions or other signs (mucous plug, bleeding)?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

•  In his classic book Husband-Coached Childbirth, Robert Bradley, MD, compares the arrival of human babies by nature's schedule to fruit ripening on a tree. Some apples ripen early, some late, but most show up right in season.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• First, normal human pregnancy is 36-40 weeks from your date of ovulation and due dates are often based on the first day of your last menstrual period and assume you have a regular 28 day cycle and ovulated 14 days after your period (making pregnancy 38-42 weeks). Anytime in this window is perfectly normal and all women and babies are different. I was tracking my ovulation using temperature and knew the day that I ovulated and the day we had sex so I KNEW when I got pregnant and thus KNEW my due date based on that and my baby came 10 days before that due date. You are technically only 4 days overdue and 14 days is perfectly safe so don't let the doctor try to talk you into any sort of induction or anything else until you reach that point. Especially for first time and white mother's even more the tendency is to go overdue as someone else mentioned 41 weeks is very common for first time moms.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009