How can I get my 3 mo old to like the bath??

My 3 mo old is the youngest of 4 kids, and he's the first one I've had this problem with. Ever since I his first bath, he has hated them. I have tried everything I could think of....I always test the water, I tried to sing to him, rub his back, put a towel down....I can't think of any reasons why he hates the bath! I thought babies loved baths, lol! Please help me out! Any suggestions or ideas why he would hate baths would be greatly appreciated!

s.a.d.k.mommy

Asked by s.a.d.k.mommy at 4:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its the easiest to do right after he eats... for me any way... other wise he doesnt really like them. or if hes really tired he gets upset... its got to be the perfect time otherwise he doesnt like them either... but when it is the right time hes kicking away enjoying every moment. but he used to scream during them, even sponge baths sometimes or juts looked scared all the time. but then i just found a time to do it every day i would and he has been fine.
    mandie_jean

Answer by mandie_jean at 4:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Is he in a baby bath? Mine perfers the big tub that way he gets to splash.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Give baths at night before bed so he's more relaxed, and I'd try putting a rubber ducky in the tub to occupy him. God Luck
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I would forget the "bath" for now, just let the water run (slow and warm) give him a toy or two, cars are great to run through the "car wash" and let him just play in the water... you can even let him have his clothes on to start and then maybe only his shirt then no clothes... if he has his clothes on let him take them off in the tub and wring them out himself, then dry and get out... I have tried this with several kiddos and if they come to the water with fun and play they will generally get in a shallow bath then move on up to a little deeper bath... you can try bubbles and bath tube paint... shaving cream is also fun bath time ... be creative and not so much on the bath as it is to get him into the water play the bath will come... hope it helps
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 4:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• bubbles and toys in a larger tub, possibly getting in with him.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yep, we tried him in the tub and the sink, but he didn't seem to care much. I will definately try different times of day...that is one thing I didn't think of. Also, the rubber ducky thing! Thanks everyone, hopefully it will work!
    s.a.d.k.mommy

Answer by s.a.d.k.mommy at 4:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Some kids,just have cry at bath time .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My son loved that bath, but my friend's baby hated it. I was there one day when she was about to give him a bath and she was talking about how much the baby hated it. I asked her about the water- she said she always tested it and made sure it wasn't too hot. I went over and felt the water myself. It was not hot at all, but it definitely was too cool for a baby to enjoy! Poor baby was too cold in the bath. She added some warm water and he did fine after that. My son actually likes really warm water for his baths. Have you tried making it warmer?
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 7:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I didn't try the water warmer only because I'm afraid it might get too warm for him...sucks that he just can't tell me what's wrong...lol! Next time I will try it a little warmer and see if that works, thank you!
    s.a.d.k.mommy

Answer by s.a.d.k.mommy at 10:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2009