How old is your teen? and do you still tell them to be home by a certain time?

My son is 14 and he get to go out daily but he seems to get bothered when I say be back at 4pm or 6pm or no later than 8pm depending what time he leaves. Does that happen to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• My 14 year old teen has to be in bed by 9:00 on a school night and she has to be inside when the street lights come on. She has been allowed in special situations such as school events to be out later with a trusted adults supervision and as long as she checks in via her cell phone.

Teen Bedding Mom

meliash

Answer by meliash at 8:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My girls who are 13 and 16, have to be home at a certain time too. Depending on the place and who they are with and if it is a school night. If it is a school night it is no later than 9. unless she is working, but still by 10 the lastest. Weekends and summer usually around 11. But then again it depends on who they are with and what they are doing. They don't always like it, but then again they can always stay home!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My sons are both Seniors in high school and are just turned 19 on 8/17 (he started K when he was 7 instead of 6 due to health issues, he would have started 2 mos. past 6 since our cut off was June 1st when he was old enough to start school) and will be 18 in Dec.. They have to be home right after football practice on school nights unless they have specific plans and then they to be home by 8p and they have to be home by 11p on weekends They go to bed at 10:30p on school nights. I don't really have to tell them when to be home or when to go to bed because they're really good at following the rules. They also call and let us know when they arrive and depart from their set destinations without being reminded.

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• 14? My son is 14 and he doesn't go anywhere that I don't know where and with who and when he'll be back.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 7:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2009