how often is the baby still kicking if ur water brakes?

i dont know if my water broke but the baby is still moving around not alot alot but still enough and my mom said with her 2nd child even when she was in labor the baby was stll moving

kristi_prncess_

Asked by kristi_prncess_ at 4:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If my water broke I sure wouldn't be on Cafemom, I'd be calling my doctor to get the baby and myself checked.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Ummm...you should probably head to the hospital...
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 4:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• (Water breaking is not necessarily an emergency.)

Yes, my baby moved quite a bit after mine broke~ I was gushing for over a week.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Im so glad you popped up. I didnt want to be the only insane person pointing out that water breaking isnt an emergency lol... But babies can be moving around the whole time including through actual delivery. Most do actually.
    Goldie_And_Luke

Answer by Goldie_And_Luke at 4:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• No - water breaking isn't an emergency but you should be getting yourself checked out...

AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 5:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Actually, water breaking is even more reason NOT to get checked... It introduces bacteria upping risk of infection..
    Goldie_And_Luke

Answer by Goldie_And_Luke at 5:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• "Checked out":

NO cervix checking~ but checking mom's temperature & vitals, and baby's. Sometimes even check
    And making sure there is no concern for prolapse.

Women can do this with their doctor/midwife/nurse or from home. I think some women get their nitrazine strips at the drug store.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Oh, and btw, another reason to avoid shaving down there, too. That would be the second biggest way to add risk for infection with PROM (after vaginal exams).
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Thats what I meant when I said not to get checked. No cervical checks. Going into the hospital is just going to end in a battle, kwim? And like you said, you can really check yourself out. Watch for signs of infection count fetal movements, heart rate etc. I dont know about drug stores but I know you can get them at medical supply stores..
    Goldie_And_Luke

Answer by Goldie_And_Luke at 5:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I do know what you mean. I have watched too many women get unnecessary inductions/cesareans for it. :-(

I am lucky that I did not (ever) go in after my water broke. I might have had to wait over a week, but it was worth it to have my dream birth! :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2009