bleeding after sex

i am just over 5 weeks pregnant and after sex when i went to the bathroom i noticed some light blood on the toilet paper and a little cramping. im so worried, is this normal?

mom24147

Asked by mom24147 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• keep an eye on it...if it gets worse call your doc! its possible all that happened is he bumped your cervix...that can happen...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I was constantly calling my doc. b/c I was worried of the same thing. I have had 2 miscarriages before so I was very worried about this one. I had light bleeding usually after sex early along in my pregnancy... like I said before I've had 2 miscarriages so I kind of new what if felt like and what to look for. Long story short, my doc. said that when your preggers your body has a lot more blood flow and when my hubby and I are having intercourse it may be irritating something in there making it bleed just a bit. B/c of the bleeding my uterus basically "freaked out" and started cramping from the front to the back. All normal according to the doc. She was right. I happened about 3 times all together but am doing great now. GL and just keep an eye on it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• It happened to me too, I had a miscarriage on January and I thought I was going to have another one, but the baby was fine, it's just caused by the increased blood flow, generally if you call your doctor the first question is if you had an intercourse. My doctor told me to not have intercourse for 2 weeks (but probably because I had a miscarriage the month earlier). I would call your doctor so he will tranquillize you.
    shining8250

Answer by shining8250 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I had the same thing twice. I have not had any miscarriages. I am 33 weeks and going strong. I called my doc and they didn't seemed to concerned since it wasn't a huge amount or bright red. Later on an ultrasound showed I had Placenta Previa. Thats where the placenta actually overhangs the cervix somewhat. Many women have this early on. Since then My little man and his placenta have "moved up" into place and I haven't experienced it since. Call your doc & don't worry too much! GL
    DBoswell

Answer by DBoswell at 7:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2009