Any other moms love "Baldy" cuts for their boys? I use an Andis clipper with a 000 (1/125 of an inch) blade on my boys during the summer months. It looks great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• You must have a teen... what I like and what my son likes are TWO different things, he is going with the social thing and longer hair is in for him... I don't think he looks as good but I don't count... frustrating ....
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 4:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I attach privileges and allowance to hair length--that keeps my boy motivated to let me buzz it all off!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I like my DS's on the longer side. No buzz cuts here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't do it, a totally shaved head has too many negative connotations. I wouldn't want people to see my kid on the street and assume that he must be a thug or a hooligan. Makes it harder to project a responsible image too so their teachers are going to be harder on them and it'll be harder to find a part time job too.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• "I wouldn't do it, a totally shaved head has too many negative connotations. I wouldn't want people to see my kid on the street and assume that he must be a thug or a hooligan. Makes it harder to project a responsible image too so their teachers are going to be harder on them and it'll be harder to find a part time job too."

Well, that's your opinion. Not based on facts, though. My boys work part-time and have great relationships with their teachers. Ever since rock stars (R.E.M., Smashing Pumpkins, etc.) have been shaving their heads it's become pretty mainstream. Also, LOTS of military guys have shaved heads, too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My eldest likes to keep his head shaved BALD as short as he can get it. My younger two on the other hand are the opposite, they want long hair - since it's in style - they say it looks better. My eldest is 16 and the younger two are 10 and 7. I think hair is one of those few things that boys do currently use as style and if they want to fit in or think it looks better I don't mind. If the hair gets so longs as that you cannot see his eyes or it becomes distracting is needs to be cut so that it doesn't. You would let your daughters choose their haircut, as long as it's not drastic, rebellious or distracting right? I think sons deserve that opportunity too, but they MUST be obedient to your request.
    Hope this helped! Kris
    mynameiskris

Answer by mynameiskris at 1:21 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Hmm....was she asking for help?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I personally don't like the way it looks it makes the poor boys look like they are sick with aids. although some of them can get away with it and it doesn't look too bad , but for the most part no no no . not for my kids thank you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Sep. 9, 2009