Has anyone ever heard about someone having a VBAC

after a traditional cut? I am TTC after 2 c-sections. My birth kind of stalled out with my daughter (3cm in 68hrs) and my son was an automatic c-section because in order for me to have a VBAC I would have to go to the next city over. All of the positive information about VBACs I can find is in reference to bikini cuts.

Nikidu

Asked by Nikidu at 4:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Health

• The classical c-section has nothing to do with the outer incision.
    The bikini cuts are a lot more.. "flattering" since it's below anything that you'd ever see - even if wearing a swimsuit.
    The incision referring to the classical or non is the actual cut to the uterus itself. It's either a diagonal line - which is classical or horizontal, which allows you to have a VBAC.

I want to do a VBAC - I'll know if I can with my next appt - they had to fax my operative report to him to find out if it is a classical.
    They don't recommend having a VBAC after classical because you have the chance of rupturing.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I know for a fact that I had a classical. I found out before I had my son.
    Nikidu

Answer by Nikidu at 5:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Well... I know it's not at all recommended, because there's a lot of risks involved.
    However, there are some OB's who are definitely willing to give it a tentative shot - but you'll be watched even more than a hawk and it's prey. :]
    I know it's possible, I don't know anyone who's had them, but I've seen it on TV and stuff, and I have seen it where the woman's placenta and the incision line welded together - so she ultimately couldn't do a VBAC. But that's what doc's are afraid of, it's just not always the case.
    I would definitely discuss with your OB and see your options - possibly go see that hospital in the next town who you said would be willing to do it?
    Good luck!!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I have always heard the VBACs are only safe and only an option with a bikini cut. A vertical cut puts you at great risk for uteran rupture.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:18 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I had a VBAC and it was one of the BEST decisions that I ever made. I had an ermergency section the first time, and was scared of the same thing. Dr. watched me VERY closely and all was well. I was showered and sitting cross legged in my bed within one hour of delivery! It was awesome in the way that having a 25 month old to go home to......it made transitioning to a family of 4 much better since I felt well. The recovery from the c-section was awful. Some women cannot VBAC, but if you can, I strongly recommend doing it......it is easier than a section! Best wishes!
    JNG74

Answer by JNG74 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2009