Cheap Pregnancy Test

I bought a cheap test and it has a super faint line. You almost can't see it, it's like a tiny shadow of the place where the line should be. Have you had a really faint line when it was negative?

I know, I know... I'll test again in the morning. I just wanted to know how optimistic I should get.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Oh man, that does suck! Well, good luck :) And don't forget to let us know how it turns out!
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 8:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Nope! My first 3 kids I got extremely faint lines. I almost had to be wishing it there they were SO faint! I used dollar store tests and usually tested a day or two before my period was due. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• well a friend of mine took 3 $ store test that had a VERY faint positive and she wasnt prego. But I took $ store tests with both my kids and they worked great for me. So in this case I would say chances are pretty good. Maybe get a better test and try it again?
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 5:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Well, I took two of the dollar store tests and got the same kind of line you did. I was sure that because it was so cheap that it wasn't really positive, that it was just a junk test. I waited a few days, took another test that cost $15...and got the same result. I now sit here 36 weeks pregnant...and my initial "pink line" was so faint that you could literally barely see it! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i've only had ONE like that. and i came back later and it was gone, i took the test apart because i was so sure i had seen something there. i looked so hard and i couldnt see that very faint line again. i took a test again about a week later and it was negative. so i guess that faint barely there pos i got wasnt really a pos. but dont lose hope, it might be real for you.
    when i was pregnant the $ store ones were also the ones i took and they came up very quickly and very dark positive. but i was also about 7 wks at the time.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Thanks ladies. I have some hope and some realism sprinkled in. I won't be crushed if I get nada in the morning!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• False positives are rare, even cheap tests are usually pretty accurate. False negatives are much more likely.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 9:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• As long as you read the results in the specified time window, it's probably a positive. All of the tests work the same, and generally speaking a line is a line, unless you wait too long to read it and it's just an evaporation line.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• You all won't believe this. I took the last test from the pack this morning... Nothing! It didn't work at all. No test window, nothing at all! I have to go get another tonight!!

This sucks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I took another test tonight and it was negative. I'll try again in the morning to be sure, but I really doubt I'm pregnant. Stupid test getting my hopes up! Wish me better luck next month!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2009