How would you handle this? I think i might of over re-acted...

Me and my Husband got in an argument earlier and he kept calling me a dumbass. It pissed me off and i went and started packing up my things to leave. He kept telling me that i couldnt hold a job and that i needed to get a job. Im 35 weeks pregnant have a daughter with disiablities so i cant work anywhere just yet. Im a stay at home mom and i cook and clean almost everyday. But yesterday i didnt clean and my daughter had the place a mess, and so he told me that i dont do shit around the house. But everytime he comes home from work he always turns on his PS2 and plays it from the time he comes in to the time he goes to bed, asks me to bring him this and that. And if i ask him to do anything small for me he complains he works all the time is why he doesnt do nothing....I was really gonna pack up my shit and leave today...I can only take so much! I just feel so bad about the whole thing...and sorry if im not making any sense..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Sorry but he's a dumbass! You're doing all you can do, my husbands mad at me b/c I don't have a job and I'm preg. I've tried! If you get tired of his crap leave, go live with a family memeber or get assistance.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I do not think you are over reacting. Sounds like your DH is immature.

Answer by louise2 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I really think that you guys need to talk about the expectations you have for your relationship. It sounds like he thinks that his job is outside of the home and your job is inside. Which means you never get off work. And if you ask him for anything you're asking him to do his job. I would make sure that what you want out of life and what you see as a good relationship is the same otherwise leave him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• What are the chances he'll ever change? If zero, I'd just leave. There is little point in being his punching bag. He is disrespectful to you. At least, quit cleaning and bringing him stuff so he can see that what you do at home is WORK. Maybe he'll rethink the dumbass comment.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• does not sound like a healthy relationship
    it is not even that is for sure, even like between two equals
    some relationship are unhealthy because one of the two puts themselves in a parent role
    you are the parent because you do everything around the house, but he too puts himself in a parent role by the way he scolds you

you two have to have a partnership, not a parent child thing

this does not mean that all chores have to be 50/50 but the way you two interact with the day to day stuff has to be two adults working together, if this means you are at home and do 90% of the housework and he works outside the house to pay bills, so be it, but there has to be respect
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Unpack and work it out.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2009