CHRISTIAN AGAINST CHRISTIAN??

I HAVE SEEN IT IN MANY OCCASSIONS, SPECIALLY WHEN THEY DON'T APPROVE OF THEIR CHOICE OF ALLIES. WHY THE WRATH AMONG THEMSELVES?

Asked by older at 5:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • HELLO MY FRIEND! HOW ARE YOU? WELL, MY ANSWER TO IT, IS, THAT THEY SEE IT AS "US AGAINST THEM." WHICH IS SILLY. JESUS SAT DOWN TO EAT WITH "SINNERS", "PHARISEES",AND JUST ABOUT EVERYONE. HE MADE NO DISTINCTIONS, NEVER DISCRIMINATED, AND WENT AS FAR AS TO TALK TO A SAMARITAN WOMAN AT THE WELL,A HUGE SIN IN THAT TIME. HOWEVER, REGARDLESS, I HAVE COME TO VALUE YOU AS A FRIEND,FOR WHO YOU ARE,IN SPITE OF OUR DIFFERENCES. IF ANYTHING, THEY SHOULD TAKE OUR EXAMPLE,THAT WE RESPECT ONE ANOTHER ON A PERSONAL ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO LOOK PAST THE SURFACE,AND SEE THE PERSON INSIDE.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I was in a group where a bunch of atheist got mad at other atheist? Why the wrath among them?

There are more Christians so you just see more of it with Christians.

You want to focus on the bad you will see the bad, you want to focus on the good you will see the good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• That's not a christian problem. It's more or less a human being problem. Human's hate to feel wrong.
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 5:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I do think it is terrible to see Christians be so hostile to other Christians over little differences, especially over being friends with people who aren't Christian (Jesus Himself kept company with sinners, no?).

The way I see it, we're all on the same "team", and we're all doing the best we can to spread God's love and word, and the little differences or whatnot shouldn't matter.

I mean, it says to be Christian one must believe in Christ and His teachings, and in order to have salvation one must accept Him as savior - this salvation is not contingent upon anything else, and therefore one's personal position on matters of doctrine of whatever, or who they choose to ally themselves with doesn't have any bearing on said salvation.

So instead of wasting time judging each other and being mean and rude to each other we should embrace each other and encourage each other.

But some people just don't think that way....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• hate has nothing to do with religion. sadly, many believe that hate is a family value

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• "By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.” so sadi Jesus. Find the ones who have love among themselves. There you will find Christ's true followers.
    Mamkind

Answer by Mamkind at 11:27 AM on Sep. 8, 2009