mu son is 9 weeks and he only sleeps on my arms...I don't know how to get him to sleep on his bed without rocking him ...can I let him cry?

rosa78

Asked by rosa78 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not yet. Try to get him to sleep and then lay him in his bed. I made the mistake of making this a habit with my son too. Now he's almost 10 months old and doesn't sleep alone.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 5:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• No, do you have a swing or bouncy seat to lull him to sleep and then you can transfer him?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I have a swing but he still cries there. I'm so tired...
    rosa78

Answer by rosa78 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• try a vibrating chair, it is really more of a sling back hammock kind of a chair

does he like being swaddled into a blanket?
    feels like a hug from mom , try this with some white noise
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• No CIO!!! Even CIO advocated say no go at such a young age. Baby NEEDS mom at 9 weeks. Have you read Harvey Karp's Happiest Baby on The Block. Check out the 4 (?) s's. They describe his process online. Another great approach is to try a sling or and a side co-sleeper.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I co-slept with my 3rd son until he was 10mo. old. I have 2 other young children and i needed sleep. I loved it and he loved it. It is the only way he would stay asleep. Before a baby is 6mo. old CIO is too much stress on the baby. I never was able to let my boys cry for long anyway. My older 2 just love to sleep so i never had a problem with them. I guess i just got used to having my youngest sleep beside me. He is still so cuddly, but has been sleeping in his crib since he was 10mo. He is now 16mo. and does well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I used the CIO method but 9 weeks is WAY too early. We coslept for the first 6 months, then I spent months rocking him to sleep. Have you tried a swaddler? Or cosleeping? Or laying him down and patting him for a bit? A pacifier? A warm bath before bed?
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 7:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I wouldnt let him CIO quite yet. Try a swing, bouncer, sling, vibrating chair or maybe just laying him down. My son is 3 months old and I was in the same boat. I finally just started laying him down in hos crib when he was tired and after about 10 minutes he would go to sleep. Sometimes he cries and I do let hime cry for 10 minutes but then I soothe him and he falls to sleep.
    FarmMom1986

Answer by FarmMom1986 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I rock my 6 month old to bed everynight. I enjoy it. I know I most likely did something wrong with it, but I enjoy doing it and she goes to sleep just fine. She can also fall asleep on her own during nap times and stuff so I am not to worried.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• NO. Hold and rock him. He's just a newborn.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2009