Since you people don't want to hear about my son,I will put the focus towards me and I got a big one for all of you,how to distant yourself from people who take your kindness for weakness. I'm a victim of needy people nwho I want to avoid but I'm not in the business of hurting people so how can I do this safely because I live in the projects around people who are ready to fight when you look at them funny?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 5:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I would consider making excuses for saying "no" to these people that take and take from you. Eventually, they will get the hint...hopefully. Just be look them in the eye and say you can't and guide them toward another person or resource that might help them. Good luck.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• ignore them!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 5:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I'll listen to you about your son. What happened? I have one son and two daughters between teens and twenties. I have loved ones who committed suicide and a relative gone through rehab. What happened with your son?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Honey, that only person that should matter is you. If you are doing your part to respect others and they aren't returning the favor, then forget about them! You don't need that. Life is too short for you to have to worry about hurting someones feelings (especially if they are adults). So you live in the projects, and they are ready to fight - then put your game face on! Be kind and be you, but if they cross you, snap on them like a rain of terror and keep it moving! People will only do to you what you allow them to do. Be honest and outspoken. Just say NO! Take a good long look at Kimora Lee, and take notes b/c that is the only way to survive the hood. Good luck mama.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• That happens to me on a daily or weekly basis, and what I mean is I just ask people I know can help me. Or I just don't talk to them. It's kindof like asking for trouble, it seems to be more a type of personal issue with the project and who you have to help you rather than your son. Does he need some particular help? Like a group to go and have a class offered or teaching geared to his perception or something more targeted? To him, and not to the "project", because truthfully he is your son and it's not the projects ( what do you mean needy people??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2009