Discount Brand Diapers??

So does anyone have a favorite discount brand diaper?? I usually purchase Pampers but I'm thinking of switching to a less expensive brand so we can bank that much more in her college fund each month, but I don't want to buy the less expensive brand and then realize they are crap.. why don't they have sample diapers in the aisles so you can feel them and see what they look like??
Thanks ladies....

NewMomKelly

Asked by NewMomKelly at 5:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have used many different kinds of diapers trying to find one that I liked the best. So far the ones I like the best are Sam's club brand...they are the best I have used so far. I tried White Cloud and Parents Choice (from Walmart) and both kinda sucked. I would get like one good box, and then the next box leaked like crazy.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I absolutely hate Target's brand diapers but Wal Mart's Parent's Choice brand are okay but then again I never tried them until he was older. I do like Costco's Kirkland brand. They're just like Huggies!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I like Costco's brand diapers, but we get Huggies from Costco for about the same price.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• up and up target brand is working great for us also make sure you get the right size to prvent leaks
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 5:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I used Target brand with all my kids! Love them! They have worked great. My only complaint is that I often had to move up a size sooner then if they used name brand diapers.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I used Target and Walmart during the day but at night I still used pampers.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• You can get cloth diapers for free on freecycle and craigslist; you can also find them in thrift shops, garage sales and on ebay.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• whitecloud at walmart in during the day and at night, they never leaked for either of my two kids!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 7:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Target and Wal-mart are good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I used all the discont brands with DS and they all worked fine until he started walking and climbing and such...Then we had to go back to huggies. With DD I used Discount brands until she was crawling and then started having problems. I think it is because my kids are so thin that the leg hole in most are bigger than the waist because they are less elastic. All in all though I preferred Publix brand while they worked. I agree they should have samples out so you can at least see them and feel them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2009