Why do I feel so bad???

We're having severe financial problems right now, I even took up another job to help us out. Well, last week I was looking at the bills and told my husband in our room where noone could hear me but him that we needed a $1000 miracle....

Well, today we were at my parents for labor day and mom took me to her room and asked what she could do to help us out (I hadn't told her anything except I had gotten a part time job on the weekends to help bring in more cash). I told her nothing don't worry about it. She sat down on her bed and got out her check book and wrote a $1000 check....

I wanted to cry, and I feel horrible! I'm so thankful and we really did need that money, so why do I feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Dont feel bad. We all have our ups and downs. There is no shame in that. Just be thankful that you had help, and know that you are worth it.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 6:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I don't know why you feel that way dear. You really needed the money, so be happy and grateful that you have received it. Things don't always work out like that. I'm happy for you, so be happy for yourself!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• don't feel bad!! this time last year my parents helped us out a lot!! if your parents couldn't swing it they would not have given it to you. you will always be their little girl and they will always try to help you out as much as they can, and of course you know if the situation was reversed you would do the same. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Take the money. She gets a blessing for giving it. So there is nothing to feel bad over. She may need the blessing so do her a favor and take it. Just appreciate the kindness and pay it forward in the future.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• You probably feel badly because you know it costs them. They love you. You don't want to feel like a burden to them. Your mom doesn't want to see you hurting. This is a way she can do something tangible. When they're older you'll be able to help them, maybe not financially, but just with living issues. Continue to be grateful for the gift.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 2:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2009