my feet are sooo swollen im 37 weeks what should i do?

i am 37 weeks pregnant

xirisx

Asked by xirisx at 4:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Get off your feet and prop them up....lowering your salt intake also will help and drink plenty of water!! Mostly you should just prop your feet up and don't stand for extended periods!!
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 4:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Oh honey! I feel for you! I had a July baby and my feet were SO swollen that last month it was hard for me to even wear flip-flops! Just keep drinking PLENTY of water and try to stay off your feet as much as possible.
    coolmawmy

Answer by coolmawmy at 4:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• that happened to me and i went to the hospital i had toximia/preclamsia you need to be in bed right away and off your feet i didnt do it soon enough and i almost lost my baby. so be careful and talk to your dr asap
    janell1528

Answer by janell1528 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Drink lots of water, stay inside where it's cool, keep your feet up as much as possible & apply cold compresses to your ankles.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I had the same thing when I was pregnant with my son but I was working all day either standing or sitting in a high stool. The best thing you can really do is put them up and make sure nothing is cutting off the circulation like tight socks or crossing your legs etc. I also used to soak my feet in cool water. Maternity support stockings are supposed to help too though I never tried them. I also found that it helped me to drink Gatorade since I have a hard time drinking lots of water and it helps to stay hydrated. Definately avoid salt as well.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 5:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• the first answer here I think is the best. Definitely limit your salt intake, drink plenty of water and relax and elevate your legs. If the swelling persists or you notice it in your hands fingers or face call you Dr right away he will want to see you. The good thing is you're full term and will be able to safely deliver, and swelling is normal in pregnancy.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 5:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Oh how i can relate to the feet swelling!! Just try and keep your feet up and stay off them as much of possible! My feet started swelling the last few weeks I was pregnant! I ended up going into preclampsyia! Just watch them and call your dr if you have any problems! take care!
    ZetaMommy

Answer by ZetaMommy at 7:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• lots of water, watch what you eat, no salt!! Put your feet up as much as possible through out the day!!!
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I had this too and I was told to eat more protein and limiting salt only to a degree ( it not recommended to take salt out completely) Also, see your doctor about it because it might be preclamsia. If you still have swollen ankles after your labor have them give you something to reduce it , I didn't and I got nerve damage to my feet, and they hurt all the time. Hope this helps.
    aggybee

Answer by aggybee at 12:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2008