dont get this one.

a woman at work(spanish)reported a AA woman for being racist...so yesterday at work i walked in on a conversation about 4 spanish girls were having.the one woman (same as a above)was saying how the company(white people) were prejudice against the spanish and blacks...well i honked in and said i was treated very poorly i didnt get what i wanted and my family was in the boston tea party.she didnt know what to say.i am very confused she doesnt like AA people obviously doesnt like white people i was very put out to say the least i thought she was my friend.can someone give me the low down on whats going on?i can see my daughters boy friend being like this also.(hes from columbia)i dont know how to approach her now.

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Blacks and Hispanics are just as racist as anyone! (Generally Speaking) The people you work with are doing those things to get the whites in trouble or fired so they'll hire their family or friends, they have the racisim card in their favor. Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• po----ya i can see that....unfortunatly.....they seem to hold the race card very tightly..my daughters boyfriend does also i feel bad but thats the only thing (and a big thing that i dont like about him(i think he is also racist)should i be concerned???
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 6:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• OOOHHHH, I do not like answers that imply it is a plot. This implies you think they are all inferior. I have worked and had friends of every race color and creed. There are positive and negative people in every class or cast.

I am as white as you get Irish gal married to a native american, who will never acknowledge his heritage formally because he does not want affermative action involved. He wants the job or whatever on his own merits. I have had a very close friend and co-worker who was from IRAQ and yes we were friends during and after 911. He prayed daily for my sisters baby who was born with a heart defect called AV Canal. The saddest moment ever was when he chose to return to Canada to aviod the persecution due to his muslim beliefs. America lost a great physician and I lost a good friend. I have friends who are latino and Black and we swap recipes and advice all the time.
    pinkcowgirl

Answer by pinkcowgirl at 6:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• People have been against people from other cultures since time began. Tolerance is the best we can do. I wouldn't sweat it. It's a part of life and we won't change it for everyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• okay so basically my advice is .....Do what you need to do , be who you need to be. If you lay down to sleep and your mind races with what if scenarios who have you helped. What if you be who you are and just do your best. If you must jion in only join in with a comment on a specific thing the person has done to help or make your day a little better. If you keep yourself focused on the positive attributes of your coworkers you will always be a team player. ....besides bosses like that :)
    pinkcowgirl

Answer by pinkcowgirl at 6:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I think that racism is similar to a burn that leaves super sensitive skin. Once you feel it, you are protective and super sensitive of yourself. I know that it has made me see racism in situations, where afterwards, when I really think it through, I realize there was none. Once someone has been racist towards you, it is hard not to see it everywhere you go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I've lost a friend because she didn't want me to be with my husband who's hispanic. My dad's youngest brother won't even acknowledge our son, my husband or I because Albert is hispanic and our son is half. My husband works his @&& off just as much as I do if not more to make a living a living for our family.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2009