is there a group for moms with kids that have autoimmune diseases? my daughter has dermatomyositis and scleroderma. i am actually typing this from her hospital bedside waiting for an mri

just looking for others who are experiencing this confusing set of medical circumstances

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I am sorry i can't relate to you exactly and i hope i don't frustrate you even more, but i have been through some medical issues with my son who was born with Down Syndrome. I also have future surgeries to deal with. He has a large hole in his heart which will need surgery to correct. I will pray for you and your family if that is okay. My son had to get a couple of MRI's to rule out a tumor. Thank GOD it came back negative both times. All i am saying is that i know what it is like to have to spend a great deal of time in hospitals and at drs. appts. I hope you get the post you are looking for for comfort. I was going to answer this question Annon., but i changed my mind. I still hope i did not state anything to make you feel worse. Forgive me if i did.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Hi. My mother has Scleroderma. She belongs to several groups, some who have children with Scleroderma. Here is a list you can browse through and choose a group that is best for you. As far as I know there are none on this site. Wish you the best.

http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query=scleroderma

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Hi my son has an unknown immune disorder that we think is genetic so yes I completely understand what you're going through. I travel south 100 miles routinely for tests and other hospital visits. We are in the process of figuring out exactly what he has and the whole thing is ridiculous.
    RoRoMommy

Answer by RoRoMommy at 3:53 AM on Sep. 8, 2009