Is it "trashy" for moms to have piercings?

Ive always really liked the look of piercings. But I dont actually have any because of my moms beliefs. I know, I know... Im 23, i should make my own decisions. But truth be told, my mama scares me! hahaha! Anyway, i got to thinking about doing it again and my hubby is all for it. My mom, however, is very against me doing it, calling it trashy and "evil."

So heres my question... I thought of either a nose piercing or maybe even my lip. As a mom of 2, would that be in poor taste? Or any piercing recommendations?

Thanks!

MamaBee626

Asked by MamaBee626 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think you should do what makes you happy. I personally wouldn't get my lip or eyebrow pierced just because it's not my style but I don't htink it's trashy either.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 6:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• NO!!! Actions make you "trashy" not looks. I personally find tats and peircings very attractive!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I guess it is how you carry yourself...it is really up to you if you want it go for it.

one or two is not going to kill anyone especially if dh wants it too.

For sexual reasons I did a belly piercing to my belly button (I had it done)  my dh loves it and I am in my mid 40's so ...so what what people think they have always something to say so you can't please anyone. GL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• No way.But when you have nine piersings on one ear is when it looks trashy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Not at all. Go for the piercings.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 6:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I don't think so, you can have piercings and be extremely conservative or be without piercings and be extremely trashy. I have seen all kinds.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 6:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• hahaha I'm 23 too and my mom scares me as well lol... of course she is a firm believer that I shouldn't have tattoos and so I don't. she didn't like my piercings either but said if she had to choose the piercings would be something she could live with.... I personally don't think piercings or tats are trashy as long as you don't go overboard. What your talking about doing is far from trashy & I think you should go for it.
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I think it depends on the "look" of the person. (how the person carries themself and what they are wearing). Some peircings look very sexy if they are on the right person. For some people ..it just doesn't work for them, and they end up looking trashy. I have my nose pierced and I like it :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Personally, I can't stand facial peircings unless it's a eyebrow loop. I can't stand having a conversation with someone who has a tougue piercing. They can't even talk right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I have seen trashy looking ladies with a ton of piercings and I have seen trashy looking ladies with no piercings. Really it depends on how you do your hair and how you wear your makeup with the piercings that say trashy or not. And honestly I think the way you DRESS says more about if your trashy or not rather than just whether or not you have piercings.
    If I see a woman with 2 small childrens and she looks like shes dressed to pick up every man she comes across i think the last thing im gonna notice is wether she has an eyebrow ring or not.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 7:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2009