is it terrible that other kids stress me out????

I just get so stressed out when there are neighbor kids or kids over at our house. My kids are 7 and 8 and have friends their age across the street but they are always over here and I feel like I constantly have to keep an eye on them...

Is it horrible that I can't stand them over here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• nope - been there done that

Answer by admckenzie at 6:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Nope, I can't stand any kid that isn't my own.

Wifey2Watson

Answer by Wifey2Watson at 6:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I hate playdates with a passion because the other kids are always rotten or don't listen or respect house rules. You do have to watch them cafefully or things get broken or someone gets hurt, etc. I had the worst kids over one time as a favor to their mother. I never had them again, when they left, I fell in a pile and wept. It was HORRENDOUS and then I had to deprogram my kids for a week!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• No - I've always said that God gave me just enough patience for the number of children I have...... I never babysat for other people, my kids had their friends over whenever they wanted - but I just wasn't one of those "block moms". I got more tolerant as the kids and their friends got older though..... I still won't babysit for friends..... saving my patience for my grandchildren.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2009