Conceiving just after IUD is taken out

I had my IUD taken out on August 5th. On August 6th I had a 5day period and then I tested for ovulation and it said I was ovulating around August 16ish. On August 28th I thought I had my period it lasted 5days. Lately I've been feeling so run down and my boobs hurt and my body aches and I just feel blah. I don't remember feeling like this with my daughter. I was wondering if even though I thought I had my period if maybe I could actually be pregnant. I took a couple tests and they said negative but when I found out with my daughter I had 6neg test results til they did a blood test. Is it possible that I did ovulate last month and I could actually be pregnant already after getting my IUD taken out? Someone help please...

proudmom89

Asked by proudmom89 at 6:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Its possible. But it could also be a reaction to having the mirena removed. I had mine removed last month and i felt kind of the same way. Nausea, flu like symptoms, tired. I toke a number of tests and they were negative. Keep trying. Sometimes it takes time to conceive after having the mirena removed. You might be pregnant right or maybe it will happen next month or the following KWIM. Good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• yes its possible, but tike pp said, it could just be a reaction from the iud leaving your body.

i had mine removed july 23 and felt like i was sick and exhausted for like 3 weeks till i had my period, then i went back to normal. its my guess that that is what is going on.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• It's totally possible.

However, when my last Mirena was almost at the 5 year mark I had pregnancy like symptoms all the time. It was terrible.

KATEISME

Answer by KATEISME at 9:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2009