How do I start liking my husband again?

I am just so tired of him. He's fat and gross. I hate having sex with him because he is so fat! I love him but I'm not really attracted to him anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I would try talking to him about maybe loosing weight... Maybe some counseling.. Think about how he was when you all got together
    mom2haybubnkay

Answer by mom2haybubnkay at 6:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I agree with the above, I would tell him he needs to lose some weight for his health and if he resists, tell him you're having a hard time being attracted. I would just be honest.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• counseling that might help and talk to him about it if you hold it in it won't help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I think that two things need to happen. First, is you need to work on accepting him the way he is. I'm sure that you don't look exactly like you did when you got together either. I'm not trying to be mean, but love is about more than their appearance, and all of us are going to get ugly as the years wear on. Accept it and do your best to get over it.

Second, you need to speak to him. Losing weight for his health should be the focus of the conversation. I'm sure he is aware of the fact that you don't find him as attractive any more, and I'm sure he's aware of the health risks of being overweight. So tell him you're concerned about his health and tell him you will help him eat better and you will be his exercise buddy.

That's my best advice :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• so theres nothing about his personality that makes you happy?
    sounds like you only got with him in the first place is cuz he was cute.
    you may need to re-evaluate your priorities
    I mean im way hotter than my man but i love him because hes down to earth, got a great sense of humor and we have alot in common.
    even if he gets fatter and uglier he will always make me laugh. and besides like someone already mentioned we all get old wrinkly and saggy eventually.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 8:18 PM on Sep. 7, 2009