what is more offensive

hearing a tween/teen say

"That is crappy."
or
"That sucks."

sahlady

Asked by sahlady at 6:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• can you even avoid either? I guess crappy.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• NEITHER ONE, I RARELY GET OFFENDED BY WORDS SPECIALLY FROM A TEEN.

Answer by older at 6:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I don't get offend by either work. I do how ever get offended when they swear so I'd take crappy and it sucks.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I'd say "that sucks" because I know that really offends some people. I remember saying it at work one day and one of my coworkers was so shocked and all "I didn't think you'd use language like that" which surprised me. Honestly though my kid has said both things on occasion and I haven't bothered making a fuss. When he says a nastier word ('bloody hell; a couple of times and the F word once) I tell him that's not an OK word to use and remind him that he'd get in big trouble if he used that word at preschool.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Neither is offensive to me. I say both and so do my kids (and they are 9 and under).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I would have serious issues if my 9 year-old came to me and told me something sucks or is crappy. Those words just aren't a part of our family vocabulary.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 10:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Neither offends me. It is the outright swearing that irritates me. Nothing much offends me though., especially out of teens that are learning to assert themseleves.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2009