Too Young for Number 2?

I am 23 with a 3 year old DD. Unfortunately, my husband and I are now divorced, but I still would like to have a second child and sibling for my DD. Two problems with that is my family seems to think that I need to be married first to do this, which after my first marriage I really don't want to do that. Well at least for now. Second, one person said that I am too young for two children... That seems so odd to me. I didn't realize that their was an age/child ratio chart out there... lol

I feel that since I have the means to provide for a second child that it shouldn't be much of an issue.

So what do you think girls????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Do you have a father in mind? Then go for it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• You're not too young however you do need to consider having a serious relationship (not even marriage) to be having another kid. Just my opinion but it's a bit insane to just want to have another child with whoever just to have number 2.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I think you should be in a stable relationship, married would be better...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Also to add just because you are financially able to provide support it isn't fair to the kid(s) not having a father around if they could possibly have a good father. It's hard having 2 kids w/ active fathers in their life I can't even imagine doing it being a single mom.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• OP here-

KalebsMom Oh I am in a relationship, we have been together for a couple of years, however we both feel the same about marriage.

Jean- Yes, I do. I have been with a man for the last 2 years. He's 28 and shares my feelings on marriage. We are both happy the way we are and don't want to ruin it... Two pessimists lol...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Not to young to have 2 kids,but, I think you need help in your social life, I tend to think,this is the true reason you want a baby, sometimes when women feel unlucky in love, they think a baby will give them love and fill that empty void.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Anon- 7:08- That is partly true. I do not get much social time with the girls because I never want to leave my daughter, but on occasion I do. As for lucky in love, that I am:) Our relationship is amazing and couldn't imagine being happier. The only thing is I don't want to jinx it by getting married.... I know its probably a dumb thing to say, but I really worry about it. I have never actually seen a successful marriage in real life so my thoughts of them are a bit distorted.

However, the baby doesn't factor in this for me. I just value family nd want to expand my own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I say go for it. There is no perfect recipe when becoming a mother. It's not like the old days where if you are a unwed woman you are going to be shunned. You know what you want. Go for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Go for it as long as you can afford it. I am 22 with 2 kids I have a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 2 months.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

This is anon 7:08,
    Then, you have my blessings, you will make your child very happy with a new sister or brother, I hope I didn't upset you with my other comments.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2009