Please answer :) (Warning..Long lol)

Okay so this is what is going on, I havnt had my period in like the past few months, well I took a bunch of test all neg, (yes I did breastfeed but that wasnt it n my baby will only be 9 months) anyways to make the story short..I went to the doc, their test show up neg also then they said it was my thyroid that was off by like 0.01 point (whatever that means lol) and that could cause me not to have my period. Well I was wondering, can I still get preg without having a period? Like do you still ovaulate..I looked online and it said yes but have any of you had this befor? I do want another baby..Like I said my son is 9 months but when he is about a year I would like to try for another (I want them close together)..But can I get preg still like right now? Does it affect ovaulating? O yea and this month well today I was spotting?? My period use to come on the 24th of every month, so idk whats going on??

mommie_to_be08

Asked by mommie_to_be08 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• BFing sure does mess your period up. But yes, you still can get prego even without a period.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yes, you can get pregnant without having a period first. The period comes after ovulation. Maybe you are now pregnant and it was implantation spotting. What did the doc say about treating your thyroid? Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• You have to ovulate before you can have a period. Ovulation is the releasing of an egg. A period is the flushing out of unfertilized egg. So its entirely possible that if you catch your first ovulation after a pregnancy that you can get pregnant again without having a period.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 7:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• he wanted to send me to this other doc cuz he does treat my problem i guess..but that doc doesnt take my insur. so now i am working on finding somebody who does : ( but idk about the preg part lol, i might be who knows but ty for the answers, but i spotted the first period i missed i spotted then i didnt have it for like 4 months n now i am spotting again n i am sick today : / so idk i am not sure..
    mommie_to_be08

Answer by mommie_to_be08 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i just went to the doc like a month ago so it was after the spotting part the first time
    mommie_to_be08

Answer by mommie_to_be08 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• o and yes breastfeeding does mess it up but i know it isnt that cuz the doc tested me for my thyroid and i did have one normal period after breastfeeding..I didnt do it long cuz I tried up really fast :(
    mommie_to_be08

Answer by mommie_to_be08 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I am living proof!! My son is 9months, and I had peroid until 3 months after he was born havn't had it since, well I had to go to the ER due to gallstones, comes to find out I'M PREGNANT TOO!! So it is VERY possible! GL
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2009