Can you believe the Communist Advisor left his post?

Van Jones loved the spotlight. Heck, who wouldn't, after being named a special adviser and green jobs czar for President Barack Obama.

In Kansas City last week, Jones was one of the federal officials flown in to take a look at the Green Impact Zone, an idea to upgrade 150 blocks of low-income neighborhoods.

Jones was introduced twice by fellow, higher-ranking fed officials -- and on both occasions, Jones made sure to interject that he was a "special adviser" to Obama.

But now he's not part of the administration at all, thanks to imprudent remarks and a petition he signed years ago, a petition that implied the federal government allowed 9/11 to happen. Also words he said abot Republicans, and other racist videos floating around the internet.
http://voices.kansascity.com/node/5768

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He is not the only one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I'm confused--how does all this mean he was the "Communist" Adviser? By the way, I understand why he resigned, but I think the action may have just fanned the flames. Witness the tone of this "question".
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 7:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Because he admitted to being a communist is the first clue.

Just because he is no longer visable doesn't mean he isn't an influence to Obama. And there are many more to go.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• In 1992, while still a law student at Yale, Jones participated as a volunteer legal monitor for a protest of the Rodney King verdict in San Francisco. He and many other participants in the protest were arrested. The district attorney later dropped the charges against Jones. The arrested protesters, including Jones, won a small legal settlement. Jones later said that "the incident deepened my disaffection with the system and accelerated my political radicalization."[14] Jones said he was "a rowdy nationalist"[11] before the King verdict was announced. By August of that year, he said, "I was a communist."[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Jones#cite_note-newfaceofenvironmentalism-10

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Here’s how the East Bay Express described the “Green Jobs Czar’s” background:

Jones had planned to move to Washington, DC, and had already landed a job and an apartment there. But in jail, he said, “I met all these young radical people of color — I mean really radical, communists and anarchists. And it was, like, ‘This is what I need to be a part of.’” Although he already had a plane ticket, he decided to stay in San Francisco. “I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary.” In the months that followed, he let go of any lingering thoughts that he might fit in with the status quo. “I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th,” he said. “By August, I was a communist.”

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I loved his statement where he proclaims it as all LIES!
    Yet if I knew they were spreading lies, I would not resign. I would stand tall and get the white house to back me. But they didn't they threw him under the bus. I bet either Cass or Holdren will be next maybe that FCC guy.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• 32 CZARS in House, 32 Czars, google him some, use HIS own words to show he's scum.... 31 more Czars in the House..

singing

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Oh, golly, no. That's all we need. If the radical opposition gets the idea that they can make Presidential advisers resign by shouting really loud and frothing at the mouth, THAT really will be the end of reasoned debate in this country. PLEASE, no more resignations, people!
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 7:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• SaraCVT:THAT really will be the end of reasoned debate in this country.

How is a non-vetted, radical who called Repulicans A-holes~'reasoned debate'?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2009