How different were each of your pregnancies?

I know they say all pregnancies are different just like all babies are different. But any major differences?? Especially if you had a boy first and girl second or vise verse

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mine have all (4) been very different. Three were boys and I carried very low. With my daughter I carried high and my hair went CURLY! People thought I permed it! With all four I was nauseous and couldn't eat a lot (it's my weight loss program :-)!)Even the movements of the babies were different. I think that was the biggest difference with all of them. It was a different child and personality inside me each time! Their movements, reactions to voices, to food, it was all so different. I remember going on a long car trip when pregnant with my first. I told hubby the baby didn't like the car and wondered if he would be carsick! Well, he is the son who throws up in the car! Lol!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I gave birth to three boys. It was as different each time as water is to wine. My first I had toxemia, I was constantly sick or in the hospital. The second I was healthy but basically could eat three things that didn't make me sick..peanut butter, milk and peaches. The third was a textbook perfgect pregnancy but I hated it. I was so afraid I would lose another child the way my middle son died. I wasn't able to enjoy any part of 'a perfect pregnancy" as my Dr. put it. Btw..my youngest had a rough start after he was born but he is great now and turns 23 the 30th.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• With my daughter it was a very easy pregnancy. There was no morning sickness and everything was just a breeze. My son however was completely different. I started to have morning sickness even before I found out I was pregnant. I had a lot of pain with him. At 28 weeks along I was put on bedrest because I was starting to thin and dialate. When he was engaged everytime I sat down I could feel it. Then at 38 weeks. I gave birth to him...so it was basically 10 week of complete pain.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 7:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• In my three pregnancies I drank tons of milk, nearly a gallon starting halfway through every single day. When I've not been pregnant I only eat it in cereal never any other time at all. My first my only son gave me the Christmas gift of feeling his first kick three days before Christmas that year. With my second at two months I looked like I was closer to five months pregnant. With my third baby, my second daughter, at about six months I saw a neighbor I didn't see for a long time and she thought my and hubby's families' histories of multiples was true.

All three pregnancies the smell of bacon or popcorn made me vomit, the grease smell was horrible. With my son firstborn first milk eased my heartburn then it stopped and I ate butter pecan ice cream to help it. With my second the Breyers still helped my heartburn but with my third pregnancy only drinking water diluted the hearburn because of an irregular heartbeat I ha
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• with my 2 boys they were so different...my 2 year old was an easy pregnancy no morning sickness nothin...my 18 day old was horrible...morning sickness heart burn pains.....unbearable....but in the end so worth the pain and suffering....i wouldnt change any of it for the world
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• With all three of my boys. Each pregnancy was way different. The first two I didnt have morning sickness or heartburn, and with the 3rd I did.
    Brandie7

Answer by Brandie7 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My first (boy), I got HUGE (looked like I'd stuffed a beach ball under my shirt) but only gained 30 pounds, despite my major sweet tooth and my inclination to eat everything in sight because I was starving all the time. I had no symptoms at all (besides the bottomless pit that was my stomach and the extreme fatigue right at first), and was working full time with no problem up until a week before I had him. It made me love being pregnant. But it took a year to get back to pre-preg size.

My second (girl), I only gained 17 pounds, after losing 7 in the first trimester. I couldn't handle sweets at all, and I didn't have much of an appetite the whole pregnancy. I had just about every symptom in the book, starting about a week after conception. The associated aches and pains were ten times worse (possibly from chasing after a toddler?). But clothes fit me better afterwards than before my first pregnancy. Go figure.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Mine have been VERY different...when i was pregnant with my daughter (who's now 2), I was SICK BEYOND BELIEF until 17 weeks...lost 25 pounds the first 4 1/2 months, then when I could eat again I ate everything in sight and gained it all back. I also carried really high. For the most part it was an easy pregnancy until the last month, which is probably normal.
    THIS PREGNANCY....I have not been sick at all! but I am WAY bigger than I was at 20 weeks with my daughter, and carrying heavy all around. (Havin a boy by the way) Very bad heartburn, cramps, constipation, pressure, and the EXHAUSTION is unbearable! I could sleep from midnight til noon the next day, and still be ready to take a nap at 4...also craves sweet stuff and salty stuff right after one another. Pickle, then ice cream, chips, then nectarines, really weird
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• baby 1 was a girl - carried low alil morning sickness and loads heratburn and realy huge belly lol

baby 2 was girl - carried high more sickness then baby1 , heartburn badly and small belly

baby 3 was a boy - carrie dhhigh and low was like a ball lol lots and lots of sickness urgh loads of heartburn too and a megga megga huge belly pmsl

baby 4 is on its way lol well i amnow 15 weeks 4 days and i look like am 8 month already very low belly , only had sickness in first trimstar thank god i hope it stays away too lol i just cant get over the size i am at nearly 4 month my friend looks big and she is due anytime now and my belly is about the same size as her so i think all mine have defo been different lol xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 9:05 AM on Sep. 8, 2009