How many of you have a kid with food allergies?

and how many of you have outgrown them? And since I breastfeed, should I stop eating egg, soy, milk products and wheat and oats and everything he's allergic to? Also, would you know how to help grow their immune system?

lesjoiesdemaman

Asked by lesjoiesdemaman at 7:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 2 year old is allergic to milk products, eggs, tree nuts, and peanuts. We found out when he was bout 6 months old and had an anaphylactic reaction to milk. Nothing has been outgrown yet and his milk and nut allergies are so severe, he probably never will. We're hoping for the egg though. When I breastfed, I had to not eat these things or he would have bad eczema and wouldn't gain enough weight. I don't know how to help grow his immune system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My 2 year old has allergies- milk, soy, eggs, rice, corn, and strawberries. If you want to continue nursing, you need to eliminate the foods your son is allergic to. Eczema is almost always an indication of allergies, so watch for that. Also like the PP mentioned, poor weight gain goes hand in hand. Good luck.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 8:18 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• great...that would also explain his percentile drop for weight. so, I can't eat anything either then. getting very discouraged. he does have a lot of eczema!
    lesjoiesdemaman

Answer by lesjoiesdemaman at 9:34 AM on Sep. 8, 2009