It's like dating all over again...except with moms...

Have you ever felt like someone back on the dating market, when trying to connect with other moms? I surprise myself trying to get someones attention at the park, just to small talk, so I can meet new moms. Pretty pathetic.

lesjoiesdemaman

Asked by lesjoiesdemaman at 7:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's not pathetic babe! I joined Cafemom just to have conversations with other moms because I'm lonely, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• You should look for new moms' groups in your area. I found a really good group of moms in my area to chat with over the internet and (even though the group is now defunct) there is a group of us who formed a book club and still get together. It gets a bit easier when the kdis are in school because you see the other moms everyday during the week.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 8:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I know how you feel hah.
    Im 19 and have a 6mo, the only other moms I ever meet are 16 and live with their parents. Or 30 and think I'm an idiot because I'm 19.
    If I ever see a mom who seems to be around my age I try to become friends with them -_-
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• hey. no worries. ...i dont have any close friends. I know how you feel.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yeah, all my friends and family are in Montreal, Canada. Moved to this area 6 years ago, and when I finally meet friends, they move back to where they're from. Seem like nobody is really from DC...and then, with a baby, it's even harder. Feeling really lonely. Met other moms at mommygroups but most of them are really "clicky", or it feels like an AA group, where you all take turns to tell your story (baby's name, age, problem etc) and when you return, it's always new people. Sigh. Just needed to vent.
    lesjoiesdemaman

Answer by lesjoiesdemaman at 8:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yup completly. I agree. I hate it everytime we move I have to start all over. You would think Air Force moms are eager, since they have been there done that, but not most. Some are great though.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I made a lot of friends at La Leche League meetings, and was very comfortable. I also belong to a group from my town on meetup.com, for moms, and have met lots of moms that way, but in the beginning, it did sort of feel like, blind dates or something.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2009