People who don't train your dogs!!

I just wondered if you ever thought about the other people who have to deal with your dog? Like the vet the groomer or the people at your boarding facilities?...Let me just say that I am sick of you laughing and telling me when i come to get your dog from our lobby 'that oh, he bites' after I have already leashed him. I am also sick of you laughing as you dog lunges at my arm and you saying' oh, he doesn't mean it really.' I am also sick of being dragged across the yard by your unleash trained dog. For those of you reading this who do train your dogs I would like to say that it is a real pleasure to work with your animal and you can rest easy knowing that your dog gets more love and attention as well as longer walks when you are away. I mean really> have you considered this? Yes, I know I am ranting and by the way most days I love my job. this weekend we had all the psycho dogs/owners.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pets

• My dogs are trained and I agree. My biggest pet peave is to a small dog that are mean and the owner thinks it is okay because they can pick it up and walk away. I am sorry but any dog that is barking and growling is not cute, but a bite waiting to happen.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• oh well i dont train my dog but he doesnt act like that its just ptty train we have a problem with bc he just straight out refueses to go outside he can be out side all day and the moment he comes in he goes and pees on the floor..wth, but my dog is a sweety she is loving on evreyone she doesnt even bark we have her and a cat she is a cllie dashund mix she looks like a lil lasie.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• What about those of us who do train our dogs but they are still poorly behaved??? I've been going to formal classes with my 7mo. old Cocker Spaniel for the last 3 months and he still barks and lunges at strangers and pulls on the leash. He has, however, never bitten anyone (at least, not yet).

I have had no issue with him at the groomer, vet or boarding, but that doesn't mean I never will. I keep hoping that all this training is gonna kick in one day when he's older, but I'm not so sure that's gonna happen either....
    Dawn4175

Answer by Dawn4175 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• op:: good for you for trying!! Dawn4175 :0) and lucky you ggiovani!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• So sorry! My dog is untrained. She drives me CRAZY!!! She barks like crazy when anyone is within 1000 feet of her (trying to break her of that). I do tell people not to pet her because she is VERY protective of us. She hasn't bitten anyone yet. In my defense :-) we only leave her with people who know her and she is comfortable with. We bought a special collar for her - Gentle Lead I think. It worked until she destroyed it. They are expensive and we can't afford to replace it right now. She thinks she is a big dog - has broken a chain collar and at least five leashes for 40 pound dogs. She tears her chain out of the ground and knocks people over. As I write this I am thinking I NEED to make it a priority and save for training school! Oh-she is a 10 pound miniature dachshund.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• micheledo- lol! that must be some Dachsie!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My Daisy isn't trained but the worst she'll do is lick you to death. I get more upset about all the humans who don't know how to act.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My dogs are semi-trained. They behave beautifully for anyone away from home. The vet thinks they are angels. Take them to petsmart and they do as they are told. Walk through the front door and they don't listen to a word we say.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 9:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My dogs are TRAINED. I can turn my son loose with a piece of steak to run around the house and you know what MY dogs will do? LAY DOWN. My little Chloe is a pleasure when I take her to get her bath, and NEVER, EVER, will she get out of line without being reprimanded.

it's a pleasure to be your customer! ; )
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My dog is trained, but has his moments. He is 115 lbs and thinks he is 10 lbs. He gets excited but lovable. Sorry, about your crazy weekend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2009