When does she start using pillows and blankets?

My daughter is 16 months old and still in a crib (obviously). When can I give her a pillow and blanket to sleep with?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 8:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh by the way, I bought a set of small pillow and blanket and in the picture both are in a crib...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• she could use a blanket now but neither of my kids used a pillow until they were in big beds (around 2yrs old). Even now my DS rarely puts on his blankets and I find him sprawled sideways on his bed- not using his pillow.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 8:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Mine starting using pillows when they started playing iwth pillows while pretending to sleep. my mom made them small flat pillow. I put them to sleep on them, but they don't stay on them, it is for fun. BUt when I need them to lay down the pillow is perfect they know were and how to do it.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My daughter just turned 2 and has been using a light blanket for a while now, but she always kicks it off. She also has a small but firm pillow. She goes to bed with both but wakes up with neither one :) I think if youre concerned about SIDS because of the blanket and pillow you are out of that stage and shouldnt worry about that. But if she is fine without it then I would just let her go, why change a good thing?
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• This is a good question. I was just thinking about this. My daughter is 14 months old and she still doesn't use a blanket or pillow. I have been buying very warm pajamas for her, but I'm thinking at some point that it will still be chilly enough to use a blanket. I am going to look for a nice blanket for her crib. I have tons of baby blankets, but she's going to need a "big" girl blanket. Awwww . . . . my baby.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• both my son got them at 9 months so i know if it get cold he has it my boys will not go to bed with out them
    motorbaby8111

Answer by motorbaby8111 at 12:08 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I've been using a blanket for my dd since she was 2 mos old... she moved into a toddler bed at 14 mos and that was when we started using a pillow. However, she uses the blanket to hide and play peek-a-boo before bed, the pillow to pretend sleep and she does use the blanket when she gets cold. I haven't seen her wake up using her pillow, she is always sprawled out sideways in the bed hugging her blanket and her stuffed puppy on top of her LOL. I bought her a bigger blanket (throw blanket) at 15 mos and she LOVES it!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:08 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My kids have always had blankets. My son refused to sleep without a blanket and still does no matter them temp he has to have a blanket. My daughter likes to have her on her but it usually doesnt stay on her. She is like me and gets hot in her sleep so i cant put heavy pjs on her
    momof253725

Answer by momof253725 at 6:30 AM on Sep. 8, 2009