2 yr old is limping, but still walking..help??

Ok, my daughter was riding her little bike, and her father said she rolled her ankle (I was in the backyard for a second). She is now limping and wimpering a bit, but still walking on it wanting to play...What do I do? Do I take her to doc now? Or do I see if she gets any better tomorrow, and take her to doc? Plz help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son started limping all of a sudden when he was about two years old. Of course, I panicked and rushed him to the Emergency Room. After x-rays and a lot of waiting, I found out that my son had something called Synovitis, which is inflammation of the synovial membrane around the joint. After a full course of antiinflammatory medication, he was as good as new. I would take your daughter to the doctor though. Good luck. I hope she gets to feeling better.
    sweetmelissa295

Answer by sweetmelissa295 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• If she doesn't seem to be in pain I would just schedule a Dr's appointment asap to make sure there isn't anything wrong. Go with our gut instincts however.
    huberhe2863

Answer by huberhe2863 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• take her to her ped. because the same thing happened to my son and the doctor said that he could have whats called toddlers fracture. Take her just to be sure, even if it doesnt seem to hurt her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Id say take her to her regular PED unless you really feel you need a trip to the ER. My son has done the same thing we went to the er waited got xrays and it turned out he just sprained his knee. but deff follow your gut feelings and it never hurts to get anything checked out. :) hope she feels better. also some motrion or tylonal could help with the discomfort and if she lets you ice it thats always good too.
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 12:32 AM on Sep. 8, 2009