What do you think of exactly a two year age gap?

My son will be 2 the month my next arriv es. What kindof experience do you have with that age difference?

MomofDom21

Asked by MomofDom21 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Mine are 26 months apart. It's not so bad, the only thing we have problems over here are sharing with toys, my oldest hates it. She didn't learn to pottytrain til after my 2nd was born and it wasn't hard at all trying to train and take care of a baby. I would say it was difficult getting her adjusted to a baby, but that's how it would be in any situation, plus, getting the baby on a schedule when she got a little older was a little more challenging as well.

Now my 2nd and my 3rd are going to be 13 months apart. She is not born yet so I cannot tell you yet how difficult THAT is going to be.. oh my!!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Mine are all that far apart and it's a pain in the butt and diapers are expensive. I wish I had waited so I wasn' t using as much diapers. They are also at very needy stages all at once and there is only one of me. I hope it gets easier and they amuse each other better when they are older.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• mine will be 2wks short of 3 years apart if this one comes on time
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 8:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My two youngest boys are two years part. Born in the same month. So far, it hasnt been that hard. Just make sure you give the two year old his mommy time when baby is sleepin.
    Brandie7

Answer by Brandie7 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My boys are two years apart, both born in Jan. They are 3 and 5, and the first year was kind of difficult. I was very lucky, and my husband helped out a lot. Now that they are both a bit more independent, it is much easier. They are really good friends, but they fight a lot too. I love that they are so close, and I really hope that they will remain very close friends throughout their lives.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i think it's a good gap. mine are 3 1/2 years apart, i wanted them to be closer in age.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 9:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Mine are 25mos & 9days apart. I'm glad for them as they get older; but getting used to stuff can be tricky (who got changed or fed first; or held when they ran into each other and BOTH want a lap to sit on; without the other...etc); IDK if I would have wanted them any farther apart though; we already have issues with the older one having toys/snacks the younger one can't have yet etc...

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I think that's the perfect age gap.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My oldest 2 boys are just 2yr apart- (#1 born Aug 20, #2 born Aug 27). It had it's challenges, and its advantages having them so close together.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My children are all less then 2 years apart. I love the age difference between all of them. My oldest and 2nd oldest are 22 months apart. My son and youngest (for now) are 18 months apart. My daughter will be 2 on the 28th and baby #4 will be born around the 14th. I love having them close in age. My son and daughter who are 18 months apart get along great.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 10:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2009