formula change

im going to be changing from enfamil prosobee which makes my son super constipated to good start soy formula. do i need to do half old formula and half new formula as a transition or can i ust go straight to the new one?

x03e09

Asked by x03e09 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the same problem with prosobee.... we went right to the new one... good luck
    SweetAkMom

Answer by SweetAkMom at 8:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Go right to the new one, but keep in mind that it takes about a week for the old formula to be completely out of the system and another week before you can really judge the new formula's affect on the baby.

We had good luck with Prosobee...it actually helped my son go! LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I would advice to go half and half. Why...to not shock their system. When I introduced a new formula I did that. I actually mixed 4 cups formula at a time and day by day adjusted by one scoop. But that was when my son was 5 months. But as ticcledblue said, remember it takes a week or 2 even to see full effects of a new formula.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I had to switch my son also and the doctor recommended half and half until thebold formula was gone. Good luck
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2009