Breathing Problems...

Does anyone elses 4 month old have these problems?

Gasping for air
Stops breathing for at least a min
turns red in the face
Tries to cry but cant.

It has scared me so bad and drs wont do anything.
Her dr says its a faze all kids do it
The childrens ER wont treat unless she is having the problem right then and there.
i just dont know what to do .
It doesnt happen all the time but when it does it scares me and my husband so bad and she gets so upset over it.
Is it normal ?
What can I do .
I am just lost since the drs wont do anything.
MY sin had to have liquid amburterol as a baby for simular issues.
Any tips or advie would be great thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is now 10 months old... when he was born he had a hard time breathing at night or when he was laying down. so my doc told me to keep him up right or in a reclined position all the time and give him "little noses" yes it did work for a little while then he grow out of it. one thing that i did to make such the doc knew what i was talking about was i wrote down EVERYTHING what he ate, when he slept, how long he slept, what time he had the lil episodes and how he reacted to them. by giving your doc all this info it can help them see what they are doing and see if it could be due to something other then breathing. as a young first time mom i was freaking out all the time.... just remember that you, your husband and the docs are doing all you can to help your baby even thowe it feels like you are not. i'm sorry this is so long i hope it truly helps!!!!! i would like to know how it turns out.
    Kyle_wify

Answer by Kyle_wify at 11:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• my 3 and a half month old is doing the same thing latley. but lots of the time when it happens he spits up a little formula too, a few times he didnt though. it scares the shit out of me. the doctor said its acid reflux, and its just some formula comming up and to hold him up right and pat him lightly on the back if it happen and not to lay him sleeping flat on his back, and shes gonna check it out when we bring him in. she also said its a phase that most baby go through and he will grow out of it. so maybe its the same thing. does she spit up when it happens?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2009