Question for Christians

Were any of you converted by being repeatedly nagged and insulted until you finally gave in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• lol, nope. I believe what I believe because of my own convictions and understanding, not because anyone nagged me into it. In fact, nagging and insults would probably have sent me running!
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• If someone is really interested then it is not nagging. If someone is not interested then it is nagging. I'm not going to be quiet about the Lord just because it might offend someone. If they don't like me talking about the Lord, then maybe they will stay away from me. lol I don't really want to hang out with people who are don't want to talk about the Lord. Of all the things non Christians talk about.......and I have to listen to that stuff, yet they don't want me to talk about the most important thing in the world?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• nah..are you implying someone is doing that to you? or just going on a public rant?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• well first of all jesus gave the command go preach and make disciples, so we need to have the news preached to all can have everlasting life.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I was! and it is how I convinced my husband to convert!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• first of all-if someone truely isn't ready to commit, then nagging them isn't going to convert them. THEY have to be ready to make the change themselves. Of course there are ways of talking to people about God and your faith without nagging.
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I think 42 Christians could say yes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• What exactly would you be giving in to? No one can crawl into your head and force you into belief. They might be able to nag you into going to church or to speak "alright already, I believe!" with your lips but unless you decide to believe on your own, is that really being a Christian?

I don't nag people. I answer questions when asked because I assume people like knowledge as much as I do and I want to help them find their answer. It's not always the answer that they want but I speak the truth, to the best of my ability, in love.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Nope, I was the one that asked the questions and wanted answers.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Anon @ 6:16... sadly to say that approach is not Gracious and Loving. What about respect and honoring a persons wishes not to be told about Christ. Jesus never forced, never nagged, He did what He saw His Father do and people followed Him. The only people that did not like him were the religious leaders. It was the poor, the lame, the deaf the blind , the lowly they loved hearing His words and seeing Him perform miracles orchestrated by His Father in Heaven. Jesus did not nag. He preached and healed.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2009