I didn't have morning sickness with the first..advice?

I've been nauseous for nearly 3 days, especially in the evenings after dinner. Any advice on how to avoid or ease this?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 8:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• saltine crackers
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 8:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• mints
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• drink ginger tea every morning.
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 8:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Definitely crackers or pretzels. Keep them nearby all day if you have to, and at your bedside if you are nauseous first thing in the morning. Drink lots of water. Ginger ale. Ginger tea as the pp suggested will also help, as it is the ginger that calms the stomach.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 9:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Unfortunately I just went thru this myself :( My first 3 pregnancies were not that bad, but this one was killing me lol! I was "morning sick" for the entire first 13 weeks, Literally the day I went into the 2nd trimester I felt better. I still cant believe I was sick that long. The only thing that helped (nothing fixed it) was ginger ale, saltine crackers, and eating something small at least every hour. I felt like I had to eat a feast in the morning or I felt terrible!! So I say to make sure you have lots of little snacks (granola bars, cereal, crackers) on hand and eat often!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I had morning sickness all day for 6 months of my pregnancy. It was to the point that I was not gaining weight and the Dr's put me on medication to control it. That being said, the best thing that worked for me was snacking often (even if the thought of food repulsed me). Also if you are taking your prenatal vitamin sometimes they can make you feel more sick so I started taking mine before bed and it really helped me to feel better and less nauseous!
    huberhe2863

Answer by huberhe2863 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i had morning sickness really bad and just about nothing helped.. but the only thing that helped me through it and eased things up a bit for me was ginger Ale soda, those preggie pops from maternity stores you can buy or hard lollipop candy thingies to suck on when you start feeling like your about to throw up.. lay down get plenty of rest.. i couldnt even look at food for awhile i stuck wth crackers water ginger ale yogurts and toast and cashews!....
    thats all i can tell ya though :-/ every pregnancy and mom is different diff things help different people... buut thats wat helped me good luck! and dont do what i did! go to the mall to look at maternity clothes for the future and then have to sit on their floor and run to their bathrrom every few seconds LOL....just stay rested for awhile
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 11:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2009