Homeschooling in the 1st, 4th and 6th grade. HELP!

Hi ladies I have 4 boys, 2, 6, 9, and 11. I am home schooling for the first time. Ladies I need any Tips you have for Homeschooling multi-grades ( 1st, 3erd, 6th). My biggest issue is: what do you do with your toddler while home schooling?

sdgd21

Asked by sdgd21 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in

• OK, when I homschooled, we did this. History, science, and reading were done at the same time for both of them. History work would be more difficult for the older than the younger, but the same text for both, same with science. Reading was individual and then answer questions or write a report depending on age. The toddler was allowed to listen in for history and reading and even science depending on the subject that day. Toddler also had puzzles, magna doodle, coloring sheets etc. that he did during "school" time. I saved grammar, math, and such for during toddler's naptime. Anything that required extra time with individual children was during naptime. I don't hs anymore because I went back to school, and OOOOH do I MISS it. You are going to have alot of fun!! Once you get into the swing of things.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 9:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I am new to home schooling myself. I have a 3rd grader, along with a 2 1/2 year old and a 1 year old. What I have found is that my 2 year old loves to do "school" work also. I bought him different dry erase activity books. I give him a sticker for trying and put up his art work. It helps.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• You bring out the legos and quiet toys, sit everyone on the floor and read while they play. I had lunch trays that I would put quiet toys on that they could play with only during reading times.
    Everything else the toddler did with the older kids.
    Have your older kids rotate spending time with the younger one every day. That way they get one on one time together and you get instruction time.
    While you are doing work with one, an older kid is doing something constructive with the preschooler.
    Also, have some "school" for that child so they don't feel left out.
    Look into "Before Five in a Row" curriculum for the preschooler/kindergartener.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• 3rd
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009