would you be able to give your baby up for adoption

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I really don't think so, I can't imagine any circumstances under which I would, especially having kids now. I had a pregnancy scare in university, and even then I knew I wouldn't have given it up (false alarm thank goodness). But I also knew that I had (have) a really supportive family who would have been behind me with love and help and all the support I'd have needed. So it would have been a lot easier for me to keep a baby than some other people.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• nope.
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 9:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Why are you posting this? It's kind of condescending.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i could never ever even want 2 think of giving up my baby.i love her so much i dont know what i would do if i lost her or if anything happend 2 her
    mariella11

Answer by mariella11 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• For someone who was raped and pregnant it wasn't that hard......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Personally I don't think I could. I just found out I'm expecting (unplanned) and I've been exploring options. I am already attached and don't think I could carry a baby for 9 months and then give it away but that is just me. I think I could understand why others would though. It may be in the best interest of the child or someone may do it to help someone else who may want children but can't
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• NO! I wouldn't be able to..I don't care how bad the situation, I will try my hardest for my kids and myself.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• If someone wants kids that can't have them, there are plenty of children in the US needing families and love, they should try the foster homes first, I think people who want to give their kids up for adoption should have to raise them for at least 5 months before the are given to an agency or a foster home, put some of the pressure back on the parents, so they can at least have a chance themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I don't know that I could, but I also can't say how I would feel if the pregnancy as the result of a rape or something else traumatic.
    mandamitch

Answer by mandamitch at 9:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• if it was to give a child a better life, I would . I know several people who have given up their babies at birth for adoptions and they did it out of love for the child. .For the love of the childs future. I admire people who can do this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2009