Trying for Number 2.....Any advice

My husband and I are trying for number 2. We have a 6 month old son now. It took us alittle under a year to get pregnant with him. We tried Clomid...didn't take. But the next month after I stopped it, we stopped trying so "hard" And we got blessed with A healthy baby boy.

Well does anyone have any advice for us? Like when do normal women know why are fertile? Counting the days of your period? Having sex every other day? Laying upside down after sex? Any advice from women who hard a hard time and found something that worked for them. Thanks so much

Avedagirl0311

Asked by Avedagirl0311 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My husband and I tried for almost 3 years. We went on Clomid for 4 months, and nothing. 2 months later -- one month before doing Invitro -- we got pregnant and now have a wonderful 1-year-old boy! We will be TTC #2 in October and what we think worked for us last time was having sex every other day starting 10 days after my period. Hopefully it'll work this time! I'd hate to wait 3 more years!!! Good luck to you! Oh, I also laid in bed for 15 minutes afterwards too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yeah stop thinking about it!! Don't listen to any rules or helpful hints just forget about it and it will happen. Your already living proof that that is when it happens!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• it took us 2 years for our first and 18 months for our second. #1 thing is to stop trying. it stresses your body out and can make you not ovulate. If you do want to see if you are ovulating you can get a basil body thermometer and chart your temps. use Fertility Friend  it is the best website. You can also use opks. Start testing cycle day 9 and test until you get pos. you will ovulate 24-48 hours after pos test. you test mid day using NON concentrated urine. Test line should be as dark or darker than control line to be pos. laying upside down doesnt do a singe thing unless your mans sperm has mobility issues. good luck

duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 11:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My best advice is to just have fun trying. Let it be stress free, the more you think about it, the more stressed out you will be. Try the "Not trying, but not preventing it either" method.... It's pretty easy... Just have lots of good sex with your hubby!
    GeorgetteKerin

Answer by GeorgetteKerin at 2:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2009