My 1 year old has been reallly tired lately and going to bed really early (but he still sleeps til about 7 am). But, he wakes up several times, whether b/c he is wet or hungry, I don't know. Could he be having bad dreams? I make sure he is at a comfy temp, i give him a bottle if necessary, and change him, but he will wake up several times. Anyone else have this prob. or know what could be up?

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My one year old wakes up a lot at night too. It could be teething. The sleepiness could be a growth spurt too. If he's still himself most of the time I wouldn't worry too much.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My 1 year old has always been a VERY good sleeper. He lately has been resisting his nap, and waking up several times in the night as well. I personally don't change diapers (I use the overnight ones) or give bottles when he wakes up at night. I just don't want him to come to expect that, as he should be able to sleep 12 hours. I go in and comfort him, and then within 2-3 minutes, I leave. I don't know what is causing it though, I have been thinking teething as well.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 9:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• It could be so many things. I could be bad dreams, but more likely it could be teething (maybe molars), a growth spurt, or even the onset of a new milestone. Sometimes when they learn something new, like walking, it can even disrupt their sleep. If you are sure he is comfortable, and not thirsty/hungry, then I would try to comfort him without taking out of his crib if possible. If you think he is hungry, maybe try giving him a small snack closer to bedtime in case he is having a growth spurt. Hope he starts sleeping better for you soon.
    kiki2780

Answer by kiki2780 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2009