Am i too early?

My son is 6 months on Sat. I am planning his first birthday already. Some say that i am doing it to early . Are they right ?

Rileysmom31209

Asked by Rileysmom31209 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah your early but who cares, have fun and just remember plans are ment to be changed LOL, meaning with kids even the best laid plan has to take a detour sometimes. My DD was so tired on her bday, all she did was cry and it was hard keeping her awake to open her presents or blow out her cake so we did it all in warp speed so she could go take a nap on her bday. No I didnt keep her up but at her normal nap time, she didnt want to sleep then LOL....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I say do what you are comfortable with. My advice to you is to not go overboard on the first birthday, I have seen pony rides, clowns ect for the 1st birthday and unless you have other children that would enjoy it, a 1 year old could care less. I personally would wait a little longer to plan the party, but do what you want to do the way you want to do it.

momwhrt

Answer by momwhrt at 9:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Like momwhrt above, don't go overboard. This party is more for you than them. You don't have to go all out. We had family and friends, my mother and I cooked lunch, had cake. But no crazy fancy decorations or anything. I made my sons little cake with his #1 candle. Opened presents. The fun fancy parties are for later, when they can remember it. If you think you need to spend that kind of money, open a savings account for your baby.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yes, I would wait... his little personality will start to develop and based on that you can plan a great party that will meet his needs and yours, he will not remember the event like you will so make it kid friendly and just fun for him, you will enjoy it if he enjoys it... Feb would be a good time to set up the party for March...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 9:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Weddings get planned in less time!

Yeah, it *is* early....but as long as you're havng fun and don't break the bank, what the hey.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2009