He was offended

My SO took my son to my work during my one hour lunch break and this girl I work with saw him and said to me "He looks nothing like you, you didn't give birth to him. There's no way." My SO thought that was tasteless and offensive. He was surprised I wasn't offended. Has anyone ever said that to you?

To add: He does look like his daddy.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ewwe no...I never smile so people don't get that daring lol
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Girl please. My sisters youngest son looks so much like her husband we tease her about it. I tell her she had nothing to do with him, that my BIL spit him out on his own. Tell him to lighten up, I am sure she meant nothing insulting about it. Where are you working now btw?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Wal-mart
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yes, I don't get offended by it, although (my dd has blonde hair, me &dh have dark brown), I get tired of hearing it. I mean seriously, why must everyone be Captain Obvious? Do they think they are the first to notice? It comes off as tasteless, because there's no good way to say it.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• What a horrible and rude thing to say! I think he's got every right to be offended. That person not only said that HIS child didn't belong to him, they made the assertion that you were unfaithful to him! If I were you I'd be pretty pissed as well, but maybe you're more understanding and less hot headed than I am. Very rude and tasteless.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I would never tell a girl "No you didnt give birth because s/he doesn't look like you." I wasn't "mad" but I can see where it would come off as rude to others.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• The nurse made a simular statement after the birth of our oldest son. We were signing discharge papers and the nurse made a comment about not knowing if he was my baby, but he was definately my husband child. I just shrugged it off.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 10:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2009