How can I get rid of this headache???

For a week now I keep getting a couple headaches a day. Any suggestion to getting rid of it without having to resort to Tylenol? It scares me to take medicine other than my prenatals while I'm pregnant. Thanks!

Amy75972

Asked by Amy75972 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Run a wash cloth under ice cold water...Ring it out...and put it on your head while you relax and put your feet up! thats what i did...cause i never wanted to take any meds during my pregnancy! But if you are getting that frequent of headaches...plz contact your doctor! It could be a sign of high blood pressure like i have
    oxcarirenexo

Answer by oxcarirenexo at 10:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I don't have high blood pressure, just a very rapid pulse. It's been known to go from being 90 bpm to 160 bpm and I can just be sitting here doing nothing... It worries me!
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• yes i would deff let your doctor know sweetie! They might want to do further tests. I never had High blood pressure, till i was about 35wks pregnant...then it hit me...N then they had to put me off of work to get it under control to protect me and my son
    oxcarirenexo

Answer by oxcarirenexo at 10:18 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I had problems with terrible headaches in the beginning of my pregnancy because I used to drink iced tea religiously then when I became pregnant I went cold turkey since they don't want you to have the caffeine. Anyway that being said I don't know if that's the case with you but when I went to my Dr's they did say I could drink a small amount to help calm the head aches and soon enough I could wean off all together. But definitely see your Dr. about this! Also make sure you are drinking and eating enough and not getting dehydrated as these can also lead to horrible head aches.
    huberhe2863

Answer by huberhe2863 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2009