5 days after unplanned c-section....

I was in labor for 22 hrs before the doctors decided to give me a c-section because I could not get passed 5cm. I had the surgery 5 days ago and ever since I been in constant pain. The first 3 days in the hospital I had severe air in my stomach and I was not passing any at all. I came home Saturday and every since then I been having very, very bad lower abdomen pains on my right side and early this morning I passed a long oval shape thick red blood clot . I have been taking percoset that the doctor gave me but nothing seems to be working.. Has anyone experienced any thing like this or can you give me some advice. I barely can take care of my own child my mother and boyfriend has to do everything because I can barely move. Please help.....

harrisj86

Asked by harrisj86 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The long oval shaped thing was likely afterbirth. After my last c-section the dr actually left it and I didn't get it out until I was able to get the dr again and get the dr to take it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• sounds normal to me. c sections you are in a lot of pain for a long time. as long as the clot wasnt bigger than your fist, that is fine. you get full of air when you have a c section,ididnt pass gas for a few days either. just take it eaasy let pe ople do stuff for you, you will be doing it yourself soon relax while you can!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I had the same problems. It does hurt for a while but gradually gets better. Did they give you the gas pills to help you relieve the air pressure? They helped me some. Unfortunately the pain will be there for a while and I found that although the pain meds helped a little it definitely was not a cure. I had to take care of my daughter by myself because my hubby had to go back to work right away. Try to rest when you can (although it seems impossible when you have to take care of your baby). Try heating a towel and placing it on your belly when you are able to sit down and relax, sometimes the heat can help relax your belly. It will gradually get better I would even say in another week you should be feeling better.
    huberhe2863

Answer by huberhe2863 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• did they give you a warp thingy to put around your belly?? if they did, continue to wear it to put a bit of pressure on your belly and it also keeps your tummy in helps your organs get back to normal and supposedly helps your belly get back to normal faster.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I'm not sure if this is what you're describing but after my c-section I had extreme pain above my incision but below my belly button and nothing helped. The doctor told me that it was the nerves reconnecting and that until they healed the pain wouldn't go away. The feeling is different for everyone though, some experience pain, some numbness, some tingling, etc. You should be going to your doctor soon for an incision check so just make sure to ask him/her.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 11:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• By the way, my pain was mostly on one side too.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 11:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• sounds awful, but normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• ive never had a c section but by the sounds of others its normal , but if your are really concernd with it being on only the one side ring yr maternity assesment unit up and ask for advise as it will be quicker than a gp appointment , hope u recover soon and enjoy yr baby xxx gd luck xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 8:58 AM on Sep. 8, 2009