What would you think or do?? (it's a hubby prob)

My hubby is 25 and he is going back to school well i know he is going to talk to girls and have girls in class with him and so on ! Well i have been fine with that till now. He has been helping this one girl with math. Well lastnight i was looking at something with him on his laptop and he had a IM that he would not open with me there and he was doing everything he could to get me to go in the other room. SO I went to the bedroom with my laptop went to sprint .com and looked at the phone records. He had been calling her and she had been calling him but what got me was one phone call was made at 1:30 in the morning. I ask him about it all and he told me nothing was going on. Oh and she has been asking him for help about other stuff as well like what she can do about problems with her hubby and so on. I just don't want her to think my hubby is going to be there for her all the time! 24/7 . Would love to know what you think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it sounds like he is starting a friendship that may be crossing the line. It doesn't sound like he's guilty of anything to severe yet and there is time for him to nip it in the bud. It doesn't sound right to me and I'd be upset about it. He shouldn't be making new close friends with other women - and I think we all know where complaining about your current SO to a new friend of the opposite sex is headed.

beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• bad news....you can help someone in class, and he needs to be bettering his education, but at the same time, he still must maintain his marriage. This chick is trouble and you have the right to an ultimatum of sorts. She cannot call him for personal issues. Helping with math is one thing, in class, they have tutors in college, and ur husband needs to back up.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I don't have a good feeling about that at all. He shouldn't be there for her PERIOD. That is HER husband's job. The 1:30am call is what would make me suspicious. I think you need to have a long talk with your SO and tell him how you feel.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 10:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• crossing the line......tell him to cut her out . She sounds like a slut.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• It's just friendship. A lot of students make friends on campus. Don't make a big deal of it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• OH and just so you all know he told her i was not happy about the text and phone calls and she told him to let me think what i wanted that i would get over it. She also text him again at like 8:30 tonight.
    Clemsonmommy14

Answer by Clemsonmommy14 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• oh no no no and NO!!! If he told her that, then i'd be reeeaaally suspicious. A woman and man who were not guilty would not continue to text. Talk to him. If he gets mad or defensive, I think you have a bigger problem. But her continuing to text....sends big flags for me. He should be willing to drop her. Change classes or drop this class if he must. But get rid of her while you still can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I am friends with guys that I talk to on a regular basis but I definitely would not be calling in the middle of the night! I think that if he is being completely honest with you and it is nothing more than a friendship then he wouldnt be hiding it from you. He should not hide IMs or anything like that, he sounds very immature and just a young guy. Best of luck to you
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Umm this sounds like dangerous territory. She has no respect for you, that's a big problem so he needs to stop talking to her. Then she's having problems with her husband and NEEDS your husband's help.. give me a break she's fishing to see what' he'll do.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 10:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• She is crossing the line! And YOUR husband is letting her. She sounds like she is TRYING to get him to cheat....if he hasn't already done so. Talk to him. If he is truly not guilty, he'll stop talking to her. Otherwise, you need to decide what you will put up with. But yes, he is crossing line. If I were in your position, he'd drop her or I'd drop him. Its just a matter of time. After all, why would he be hiding it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2009